Friday, September 05, 2014

Change of Direction

You may have noticed that I took a lot of my posts down, and I've made my blog public again.

The reason for this was that I didn't feel like I always used my blog wisely or with the integrity that I feel I should have. Often, it was a place to rant or complain, and that's now who I want to be or who, hopefully, who I am anymore.

My life has gone through some dramatic changes over the last few years, specifically since I battled—and beat—cancer. That time marked a turning point in my life. It brought me back to my faith. God used that time to bring me home to Him.

Since that time, my faith and my relationship with Christ has been growing and transforming me in ways I never expected. I've started a new blog called "My Story is His Story" that will be talking about this. It's meant for believers and non-believers alike. My goal isn't too preach, but to provide my experiences living in my faith. For the people in my life that might not understand my faith, I hope that this new blog helps you understand why it is so important to me. For those that don't know me and don't understand why people believe in God and Jesus, maybe my new blog will provide some insight, or at least another perspective. And for my fellow believers, this blog will be a way to see how God is working in another believer's life.

The difference between these two blogs is that this one was all about me and my ego and my pride. That's why there were rants and complaints and opinions stated as fact. I thought my perspective was the only perspective and the right one... certainly the only one that mattered to me. But in the last few years, as I've grown in my faith, I've been shown other perspectives. I've also been shown my pride, my ego, and my small-mindedness.

In the new blog, my focus is Jesus, God. It's still my story. It's still about me, but the context isn't just my own perspective anymore. The context is what I think God is showing me, so the context is His perspective...or maybe it would be more accurate to say my perspective in Him.

In the meantime, I will be discontinuing this blog. I will leave it up for a while, for those that may be used to coming to this blog. In the meantime, you can find me at http://mystoryinhim.blogspot.com/.

No comments: