Sunday, May 04, 2008

My Photos on Flickr

I've decided to change the permissions on some of the photos I have posted on Flickr. I've always kept all of my photos public so that my friends and family who do not have Flickr accounts could still view all of my photos.

However, recently, I've discovered that some of my photos have shown up on a few "Favorites" lists where I would rather they not appear. So, to avoid that type of thing in the future, I've decided to make private all photos of private events and group photos with my families and friends. Photos of public events (such as those where my friends' bands are playing a public venue) or photos of places, objects, etc., will still remain public.

However, if you are a friend or family member that would like to view my private albums on Flickr, please sign up as a Flickr member and request to add me as a contact. (To add me as a contact, visit my main photo page, hover over the tiny little photo of me immediately to the left of "tonuab's photostream," click on the down arrow that appears next to that photo, and then select "Add tonuab as a contact.") Registration is free and doesn't require that you reveal any personal information about yourself. In fact, if you already have a Yahoo account, you can login with your existing Yahoo account. You also don't have to upload any of your own photos in order to have an account.

As I said, you don't have to upload any photos to use it, but I recommend that if you occasionally post photos on the web to share with friends and family that you consider giving Flickr a test run. Flickr is a photo sharing site, so the main purpose is to give you a place to store, organize and share your photos. However, if you like to do cool stuff with your photos, like have them printed, made into calendars, or put onto coffee mugs, Flickr also partners with several services that can help you with any of these.

Okay, I'll keep my Flickr plug short since the purpose of this message is just to let you know that if you're wondering why you can't see all of my photos anymore, it's because they are now marked private.

Tonua

No comments: